AUD01 – Audit introduction
Course Presenter: P. Van Schalkwyk/K. Ndebele/A. O’Callaghan
Duration: 5 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Beginners/Intermediate
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$1,210.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 1,610.00
Aimed at: Audit trainees.
This presentation is designed as an entry level module explaining basic auditing concepts, the governing bodies of the audit profession and the rules that auditors have to abide by.
Specific areas addressed include:
- Audit vs Review Engagements
- The different roles of ICAN and PAAB
- Training regulations – training contract requirements
- Training regulations – how do I become a Chartered Accountant?
- Training regulations – duties and responsibilities of the trainee accountant
- Training regulations – duties and responsibilities of the training officer
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Acceptance of gifts / hospitality from clients
- Timesheet – why?
- Due care and quality of work
- Lifelong learning and CPD
- Ethics – Fundamental principals