VAT 01 – Introduction to the Namibian Value-Added Tax Legislation
Course Presenter: J. Du Toit
Duration: 5 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 1,400.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 2,115.00
Aimed at: All trainees; Bookkeepers; Junior Tax consultants; Tax Compliance officers; Client bookkeeping staff.
This presentation is designed as an entry level module explaining the basic provisions of the VAT Act.
Specific areas addressed include:
- Basic understanding and background on how VAT works;
- Section 6 – the critical factors involved in the VAT legislation discussed in detail;
- What constitutes a supply;
- The timing of supply rules;
- The value of supply rules;
- What constitutes a taxable activity?
- Exempt and Zero-rated supplies;
- Import VAT and Exempt imports;
- VAT calculation and apportionment rules.