ACC02 – Accounting: Problem solving techniques
Course Presenter: K-H. Schulte/H. Engelbrecht/L. Lauenroth/J. Robberts
Duration: 5 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Intermediate
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 1,050.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 1,395.00
Who should attend: Accounting Trainees; Bookkeeping staff; Client processing staff.
This presentation is a practical workshop on how to:
- Get any reconciliation to balance, then applying appropriate action to resolve reconciling items where required.
- What is a reconciliation and why is it done;
- Reconciling any two sets of numbers;
- Step-by-step: Avoid distractions, keep focused;
- Verifying your reconciling items, take action;
- Common problem areas when doing:
- Opening Balance reconciliations;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Creditors reconciliations;
- Intercompany account reconciliations;
- Balancing any financial report being prepared from underlying information, finding mistakes on out-of-balance reports swiftly;
- Analytical review – how to perform and which criteria to set and which ratios to use; quick check on finance charges;
- Preparing financial information from incomplete records – detailed guide;
- The last 5 minutes of every job are the most important ones.