LEG 04 – Legal Bits: Financial
Course Presenter: L. Rautenbach
Duration: 5 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Intermediate
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 1,400.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 2,110.00
Aimed at: Financial managers; accountants; senior bookkeepers; trainees.
- Foreign Investment Act – Status Investments, trades prohibited for foreigners, foreign exchange regulations, EPZ status;
- Customs Duties & Excise – the Tariffs, proper codification of goods, calculation of duties, infant industry protection, excise duties explained;
- Other levies – Casino & Gambling Houses Act, Agronomy Industry Act, Sea Fisheries Act, Export levy;
- Stamp Duties Act – what attracts stamp duties, the rates, effect of non-compliance;
- Usury Act – the limitations imposed on interest charges and workings of the in-duplum rule;
- Financial Intelligence Act – KYC procedures required under the act;
- Second Hand Goods Act – Certificates required & validity, procedures and affected persons.