ITX 02 – Advanced Taxation – INCOME
Course Presenter: L. Rautenbach/B. Pretorius
Course Duration: 5 hours
Maximum Attendees: 20
Course Level: Advanced
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 1, 925.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 2,800.00
Aimed at: Practising Accountants and Auditors; Audit Managers; Senior Accountants; Senior Tax Compliance Officers.
The course is very technical and deals inter alia with an in-depth detailed analysis of the definition of Gross income as per the Income Tax Act, with reference to a host of decided Court Cases.
Specific areas addressed include:
- When will an amount received by or accrued to a taxpayer be included in taxable income?
- What constitutes an amount where the value is disputed?
- The source principle – how does it work, cross-border operations and when is an amount taxable in Namibia?
- What are the requirements before an amount qualifies as an amount of a capital nature?
- When are deposits to be taxed in the year received?
- Damages & Compensation – when do receipts constitute income?
- Exempt income
Numerous further issues are discussed – all a tax practitioner needs to know when dealing with amounts received.