COL 02 – Basics of the Companies Act
Course Presenter: L. Rautenbach/(Practical): A. Cloete/R. Kouwenhoven
Duration: 8 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Beginners/Intermediate
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 2,200.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 2,900.00
Aimed at: All accounting and audit trainees; Company Secretarial staff; Directors of Companies;
- Types of Companies available in Namibia and how is a Company constituted.
- What is a Memorandum and Articles of Association and what is governed by it?
- Conversions of Companies and Close Corporations – requirements and effect thereof;
- External relationships including pre-incorporation contracts;
- Shares: Are Companies allowed to provide financial assistance to a third party to acquire shares in that Company? Are Companies allowed to acquire its own shares? How do share transfers work?
- Directors: Who may act as a Director? The role of directors, their fiduciary and other duties; Personal liability risk of directors; What are the powers, duties and risks associated with alternate directors?
- Auditors: Why should a company be audited? Should all companies be audited? The appointment, removal and resignation procedures for auditors; Rotation of auditors – is this a requirement in terms of the Companies Act? The rights and duties of an auditor.
- What are the accounting requirements for a company in terms of the Companies Act?
- Followed by practical session on completion of various Company forms.