COL 01 – Basics of the Close Corporation Act
Course Presenter: L. Rautenbach/J-M. Smit/A. Engelbrecht (Practical)
Duration: 8 hours
Maximum Attendees: 30
Course Level: Beginner
Costs: (FCS Clients, NIPA, ICAN) N$ 1,700.00
Costs: (all others) N$ 2,260.00
Aimed at: All trainees; Company Secretarial staff; Members of Close Corporations.
- Various business forms available in Namibia;
- What is a juristic person?
- CC Registration, deregistration, conversion and their effects;
- Membership in a CC – qualification of members, fiduciary duties of members; acquisition and disposal of membership; distributions and loans to members;
- Association Agreements – what is governed? What happens in the absence of an AA?
- External relationships – Pre-incorporation contracts, power of members to bind CC, when do members incur personal liability for debts of the CC;
- Accounting records – Definition of accounting records, Annual Financial Statements & financial yearend;
- Accounting officer – appointment, rights & duties,
- Followed b y practical session on completion of various CC forms.